About the Blog

This blog is to supply you with infinitely useful Dutch phrases. You might be wondering, "Why, when will I ever use Dutch?" That's the exact point of this: You never know! Who knows the next time you might be suddenly mobbed by angry Dutch activists will be, or when that new exchange student shows up speaking Dutch, or when you find yourself lost in a windmill! These infinitely useful phrases sure will be useful then! So study up, and thank us later for our helpful phrases.

Daily Phrase 16

Phrase: Er is geen reden voor u om de juiste voet van de olifant te eten.

Translation: There is no reason for you to be eating the elephant's right foot.

Example fo use in normal conversation:
A: How are you liking this tour of the African savanna? I'm glad we get a break for lunch.
B: It's amazing! I loved the African sperm whales. I heard they can walk. I'm not hungry.
A: If you're not hungry, then er is geen reden voor u om de juiste voet van de olifant te eten.

0 comments: